1) Have you ever done something awful to your hair? What happened?
I got it permed when I was about 18. My mother had been suggesting for ages that a perm would suit me, so eventually I gave in and got one. It looked like those cartoons where somebody sticks a finger in a light socket and their hair goes mad.
Pretty horrendous. Although to be fair, when my hair grew a bit longer and the perm softened, it did actually look a lot better.
(but it was pretty much the last time I relied on my mother's fashion advice!)
2) Conversely, at what time in your life have you looked your best?
I was quite happy with the way I looked at my sister's second wedding. A nice outfit, a newly styled hairdo. I was quite happy with the result. I think once I started going red with my hair, I felt I looked much better.
3) Do you have a favorite article of clothing? Tell us what and why.
A black dress with a small flower print on it. One of the first dresses I bought for myself on one of my sojourns down the smaller end of the clothing rails.
Just above the knee and best worn over leggings and ankle boots. It's still waiting for me in the wardrobe.
4) Confess the worst fashion trend you ever succumbed to.
The perm at #1. Fashion wise, I haven't really followed trends that much.
5) Are there any clothing/fashion trends today that you simply don't understand?
Skinny jeans. I don't know who decided that they should be pretty much the only style available some years, but there's a special place in hell for them.