1) Have you read more books, or fewer books, this past year than usual?
I read fewer books in the past year. Mainly because a lot of my reading had been done during my commute, and while that was only 15 to 20 minutes each way on transport, it's amazing how much reading I could get done during it.
2) What book are you reading now (or what book did you read most recently)? I've gone a bit retro and I'm reading (or rather re-reading) a CSI New York novelisation - Four Walls.
It's so long since I read it that I don't remember it at all, which is good, because I don't know whodunnit!
3) What is the best book you read in the past few years?
Tricky question. I've read a lot of books in the last few years. But there's only a handful that make it into my 'keep' pile.
And one of these is Invisible Woman by Caroline Criado Perez (exposing data bias in a world designed for men)
My teeth were grinding with rage a lot of the time when reading it.
4) Do you read more than one book at a time, or just one? Hahahahaha!!!!
One book at a time? Who are those strange readers! I will usually have a book in a tote bag so that I can read on my commute. I may have a book that's too heavy to carry so I only read it at home. I'll usually have a book queued up on my kindle app on the phone, so if I need a break at work I can take a quick look. And if we're counting audio-books, in recent months I've had one queued up to listen to when I'm going for a walk or during the walking part of my commute.
5) How big is your to-be-read pile (or list)?
I started a floor-bury in a corner of my living room, on the grounds that if the books were all neatly stacked in one place then I'd always know where to find my next read. In theory it should be shrinking...spoiler alert, it isn't!